Danbury DoubleBack

Danbury DoubleBack

Postby dubber » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am

I must admit I had never heard of a Danbury DoubleBack until I found this forum and I actually saw one in Tesco last night. The chap showed me around and the finish inside was very nice

It is just a shame they are so far away from where I live as this is my main concern if something goes wrong :(
dubber

Re: Danbury DoubleBack

Postby Happypants » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Saw a Danbury doubleback on a campsite at weekend whilst in our tent !! When it arrived the whole campsite was watching as if a UFO had just landed lol
Happypants

Postby Tallulah » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Back in 2012 before Danbury started selling them, the prototype DoubleBack was at the VolksWorld show in Esher, I had a good chat with its creator and a full demo. Very impressive.
Freedom, in style...
Tallulah

Postby Norman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:41 am

We also saw the DoubleBack at VolksWorld and was really impressed by it, really clever design, it did feel a little strange when sitting in it with the rear extended . I have not seen many around though since and we do a lot of travelling to shows etc..
Norman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tallulah » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Didn't hear or see much about them after VolksWorld until Danbury announced they would selling them, still yet to see one on the road or campsite but seen the one in Yate a few times.
Freedom, in style...
Tallulah

Postby DanburyMotorcaravans » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi guys and girls. The Danbury Doubleback is selling well at the moment so expect to see some on the camp sites / roads etc. Heres a lovely one we've just finished and the hand over was yesterday. This one was a bespoke finish with different interior design and pod size so anythings possible. See more at http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
www.danburymotorcaravans.com
photo 4.JPG (98.69 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
photo 3.JPG
www.danburymotorcaravans.com
photo 3.JPG (115.92 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
DanburyMotorcaravans
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dubber » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 pm

How much is the doubleback :?:
dubber

Postby Norman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm

They start at £55k Dubber, If I had the dosh I would be very tempted. Love the idea of having all that room inside a standard T5. Also what I like is being able to leave the bed made up during the day if you want, none of this mucking around with rock n roll beds.
Norman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cliff » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm

We are looking for something new in the Spring, we do like the Doubleback but the price tag is putting us off, we may go for a Surf or Sport. I imagine any arriving on site in a DoubleBack will be centre of attention.
Cliff

Return to Danbury VW DoubleBack